When your spine is out of alignment, it can cause severe pain and injury to the rest of your body. Regardless of your daily activities and efforts to care for your spine and posture, it’s likely you’ve experienced the discomfort of spinal subluxation.
Realigning your vertebrae can alleviate chronic pain, improve your posture, gait, and overall physical performance. But can you afford a chiropractic visit?
Cost of Going to the Chiropractor
The average cost of going to the chiropractor is around $65 per visit. However, depending on the chiropractor’s experience and office location, you can expect to pay anywhere from $35 to $200 per visit.
If you live in an urban area, you might be able to find chiropractic care that may cost less because there are more providers. If there are only a few chiropractors in a rural community, you can expect to pay a little more.
Thankfully, most licensed chiropractors accept insurance from companies that list chiropractic care in their policies. Regardless of whether your insurance helps pay for these costs, you want to make sure you receive quality care at a fair price.
How to Choose a Chiropractor You Can Trust
Because chiropractic care can be costly, especially if your insurance doesn’t cover chiropractic adjustments, you’ll want to make sure you find a chiropractor that is not only within your budget but also one that you can trust.
Here are a few tips for choosing a chiropractor if you live in an urban area with countless chiropractic options.
- Ask for referrals. It’s likely that your friends and family members have visited a chiropractor at some point and can recommend someone. You can also ask your doctor for suggestions.
- Research your chiropractor’s credentials.
- Look for a chiropractor that specializes in helping people with similar alignment issues to yours. For example, are you dealing with chronic pain from whiplash? Ask your chiropractor if he’s helped other patients overcome that category of pain.
- Consider the chiropractor’s communication style. Does he answer your questions, listen to your concerns, and explain the adjustment process?
- Read patient reviews. Customer reviews are the most honest form of rating you will find. Read reviews on your chiropractor’s website and look at resources like Yelp and Google to read about the experiences of actual patients.
- Know what your insurance covers. Some insurance will only pay for chiropractors within their network. Check ahead of time that your insurance covers your chiropractor and the specific procedure he performs.
Are Chiropractic Adjustments Worth It?
Chiropractic adjustments are crucial to alleviating back and neck pain, muscle tightness, numbness, headaches, and much more. When done correctly, it can improve your athletic performance and your overall health.
If you deal with any of the above issues, regular chiropractic adjustments can help you get on the path to healing.
Thankfully, because of insurance, chiropractic adjustments can be free or of little cost. However, even if you have to pay out of pocket, the benefits and improvements on your quality of life will make them well worth the money.
Visit Spine Health and Wellness for a Chiropractic Adjustments
Our professional team of qualified chiropractors can help you find relief for your neck and back pain. We accept most major insurance plans, so your visit will be little to no cost. Call to make an appointment today!